Monday, December 26, 2011

mi bucket list

My 20s were a social and financial disaster. The big things (two degrees, moving to Spain) are overshadowed by no boyfriend and being nowhere close to where I thought I would be when I turned 30. I thought I'd have the husband and two golden retrievers by now. Like Rachel in The One Where Everyone Turns 30, I much feel pressed for time to start a family, if that's what I desire.

I do see myself as a writer somewhere on the Mediterranean between Valencia and Barcelona capitals (probably closer to Barcelona than Valencia). When and how I'll get there, that remains to be seen.

Last June, when I had no laptop, I wrote out a Bucket List. I already accomplished one thing on it (visit all 17 Comunidades Autónomas of Spain, so now I have to see all the provinces.)

In random order...

-52 provincias españolas, along with Ceuta y Melilla
-Step foot on every continent (If you count the Canarias as Geographically Africa, I've been to 3 of 7. Sorry, I cannot make myself see only 5 continents!)
-Camino de Santiago
-Ruta de Quijote
-Read Quijote i Spanish
-Become a published author
-Learn Catalán and Italian at at least a B2 level
-Get married.
-In Europe, travel to Greece, Norway, Andorra, go back to Italia, Portugal and Paris
-In South America, Macchu Piccu, Argentina and Chile
-In Asia, Great Wall of China
-In Africa, the Sahara and the Pyramids
-Learn to surf
-Try to snowboard
-Learn yoga
-Get a master in Spanish, if not Ph.D
-Come out to my mom
-Meet Mariah Carey, Felicity Huffman and Lady Gaga
-Read the Complete Works of Shakespeare (And Hemingway and Dickens while I'm at it. And Unamuno).
-Have a French 19th Century style Masquerade/Bachnalia (maybe my future husband will let me have this as a reception)
-Drive Route 66

No comments:

Post a Comment